Marietta Family Law Firm
At Abbott & Abbott, we take the offensive in your divorce action. Our divorce attorneys will give you aggressive representation that focuses on your best interests, now and in the future.
What happens in a divorce will affect every aspect of your life. Our law firm is continuously aware of how important every step in the process is for you and your family. When it is in your best interest, we will not hesitate to take your case to trial. We are known in Georgia for our effective trial work
Georgia Divorce Lawyer ∙ Aggressive Representation
Canton 678.792.4908 ∙ Marietta 678.905.8781 ∙ Contact a Canton Divorce Lawyer Online
We Will Protect Your Rights in Divorce
At Abbott & Abbott we will tenaciously pursue your interests. It is important to note that bad behavior on the part of either spouse can have a huge impact on the divorce. In Georgia, adultery is an automatic bar to alimony and drug use can affect visitation rights. Our attorneys will investigate the specifics of your case and safeguard your rights.
Our family law attorneys have handled divorces involving:
- Child custody : We understand the "best interests of the child" standard and we will fight to make sure you remain a part of your child's life.
- Child support : We will explain the Georgia child support guidelines so that you understand your rights. We can also help you modify your child support agreement.
- Military service and pensions : Are you facing the complexities of a military divorce? Our attorneys will explain the specific laws relevant to the collection of benefits and particular issues involved with military divorce, custody and support.
- Alimony : Will your divorce settlement include alimony? We will explain the factors the court will consider when determining spousal support.
- Property division : Property division can be a complex matter that takes many factors into consideration. Our law firm can handle the challenges and legal issues involved in a high-asset divorce and property division.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements : Did you sign a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement? We will help you explore your contractual rights and options, including potential obligations. We will also enforce or defend against a prenuptial agreement in the divorce process.
- Mediation : In Georgia, every divorcing couple is required to go through court-mandated divorce mediation. We can represent you and make sure your rights are protected.
- Parent Relocation : Do you need to move out of the county or state for a new job? Is your ex-spouse trying to move out of the county or state? We will aggressively defend your right to be with your child or children.
Divorces in Fulton and Cherokee Counties
If you need a Canton or Marietta family law lawyer, contact our divorce attorneys for an appointment. Call our office in Canton (678.792.4908) or Marietta (678.905.8781), Georgia, for a free 30-minute consultation. We accept all major credit cards.